Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dr. Visit - 3.27

Rob and I went in for our doctor visit on Tuesday. We knew we were going to be having a growth ultrasound down which was exciting because while we had seen the babies two weeks prior, it was just to check their positions and not size. So, we got called back and got the ultrasound started. Both Madilyn and Carter stayed in their same spots. Carter is still on the right and is head up and transverse. Madilyn is breech, and her head is near Carter's. Once the ultrasound tech got all of the measurements taken, she told us how big they both measured. Rob and I were pretty off on our estimates - but I think since we thought it had been about a month, they would have grown substantially. However, that is what they WILL be doing in the next month! Anyways, Carter weighed in at 4lbs 9oz, and Madilyn weighed in at about 3lbs 12oz. The tech did say that those measurements are not quite accurate because it's hard to get a good view of both of them. So, she said in reality, Carter probably weighs less and Madilyn weighs more. Her guess was that they are both somewhere around 4lbs 4oz. Once we finished that part of the appointment, we went to meet with the doctor. She said everything is looking great - but that I am starting to swell. Of course, it comes with the territory and especially with twins! But, we talked briefly about if half days would be a possibility. I told her that since getting to week 32, it seems like I've gained 100 pounds, things are getting more difficult, and I am swelling a lot more. She said it was pretty common for women to start "really feeling pregnant" around this time - and being that I have twins, she is not surprised I am starting to feel that way! We also talked with her about when we would like to schedule the C-section, and it looks like these little babies will be here on May 2nd or 3rd. We will get the official date most likely at our next appointment - they had to make sure everything was cleared with the hospital before it was official. So, we are looking at the beginning of May - unless there are any complications or I go into labor on my own. I'm hoping and praying that everything continues to go smoothly, and we can have these babies here when they are scheduled to be here. I can't believe how SOON my little ones will be here!! Rob and I feel like everything at the house is ready for them - now it's just making sure that WE are ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment