Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baby Shower - Spring

So - my sisters Catherine and Carol and my friends Kelli and Janae hosted a baby shower for Rob and I at our house in Spring on March 3rd. We had about 20 people or so come to the shower, and everything was just perfect! I will have to get pictures from the hostesses so you can see everything! We had an oreo and milk bar (even with chocolate milk! mm!), fruit, veggies with homemade ranch (yum!), a delicious cake - and lots of other goodies. Kelli and Janae had some games planned for us. One of them was that Rob and I had been asked prior to the shower to answer parent/baby related questions without discussing them and email them back to Kelli. At the shower, it was our job to guess what the other said. It was a close game - but Rob ended up winning. Another game that we played was to guess how many M&Ms were in a bottle. Then another game was played by 3 people, and they had to be sitting and  pretend like they were pregnant by putting a balloon by their stomach. The person who could tie their shoe without picking up their foot or popping the balloon won. The games were really fun, but what I really enjoyed was getting to see so many friends and family come together to celebrate these babies. Rob and I were overwhelmed by the generous gifts, and are really appreciative of what we were given.  Something else that I really loved was that instead of getting a card, the hostesses asked for people to bring baby books instead. It was great to have books to add to their library, but even more meaningful that most of them had something written in them from the person who gave it. Thanks so much to Kelli, Janae, Carol, and Catherine for making this shower so special for Rob and I. I look forward to seeing and posting pictures soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment