Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bridge City Baby Shower

On Sunday, March 11th, Rob and I had another baby shower to attend. This one was held in Bridge City and had a few people helping to host. The shower itself was held at the Methodist church because there was quite a list of people who were invited. We had some really yummy food and a really yummy pineapple punch. We had two super cute (and delicious!!) cakes that were in the shape of pink and blue onesies, as well as some cookies from Rao's bakery. We had a few more finger foods - but of course, being pregnant, those are the two things I remember best! :) While the guests arrived, they filled out little cards where they guessed when the babies would be born, how much they would weigh, etc. It was fun to read some guesses after the shower! Then we played a game where we were able to use the letters in Madilyn and Carter's names and come up with as many words as possible. I'm happy to say that I won - I think it is from all the games I have been playing on my Iphone! But that was a fun game! Near the door where the guests came in, there were two baskets with baby items in them. As the shower went on, my sister-in-law Sherri took those things away and had us write down as many items as we could from the baskets. I did not win that one! Then we played the Price is Right with those baby items and BOY was I wrong on a lot of the prices. I'm sure I will be learning the prices here soon! The person who got the most right closest to a dollar won - which, as you can guess was not me either. But everyone really enjoyed that game. After games and being social, it was time to open gifts. Once again, Rob and I were overwhelmed by the generous gifts that came our way for Madilyn and Carter. It is amazing to think how loved these babies are and they haven't graced us with their presence yet! We received lots of wonderful items - all which will prove to be very useful. One of the hostesses took pictures at the shower, so you will have to wait to see them. However, here is a picture of what the nursery looked like once we were home and unloaded everything! It's what I like to call a beautiful disaster! :) Thanks again to the hostesses for an amazing shower. Rob and I feel so blessed and lucky!  


No comments:

Post a Comment