Friday, March 16, 2012

Dr. Visit - 3/14 - 30 weeks

On Wednesday, Rob and I went in for another doctor's appointment. This appointment was just a check up to see how things were going for me and the babies. We had an ultrasound done, but this one was strictly just to see where the babies are positioned. These spots are more than likely where the babies will be up to the time of birth. Anyways, Carter is on my top right side - sort of transverse across my belly with his head up. Madilyn is towards the bottom left of my belly button, and she is breech - so her head is up too. So, needless to say, no heads are down which means a C-section is going to be the route we take to get the babies here. Once the ultrasound was over, we waited a few minutes for the Doctor to come in. She was happy to report I had only gained a pound in the last two weeks (and how THAT is possible I don't know considering I had THREE showers between my last appointment and this one!). She asked if I had been having any issues, and I told her that sometimes (at night especially) my fingers/hand are tingly and numb. This is not uncommon during pregnancy. It's like carpel tunnel and I am not getting complete blood flow to my fingers. So, she recommended I get a brace to sleep with to see if that helps. Also, I've started to notice that my legs/ankles have started swelling. Also, not uncommon. And my Doctor even said - it sort of comes with the territory. So, the plan is to try some support hose, put my feet up whenever possible, and then check back with her at my appointment in two weeks. Speaking of our next appointment... We will do another growth ultrasound which will tell us how big the babies are -- AND we are also going to pick a day to schedule the C-section!! Aaaa!!! I cannot believe how quickly time has flown by, and that these babies will be here before we know it! So, we are looking to schedule it between week 37 and 38, which means the very end of April or beginning of May. Of course, that is if I don't go into labor before then, which could be possible. (!!!!!!!!) So, needless to say, since the appointment, I've done what feels like 100 loads of laundry, and I'm really wanting to get everything ready since I'll be going back to work on Monday. So excited.. nervous.. anxious..!! Just can't wait to have those babies be here with us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment