Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dr. Visit - 4/3

Rob and I went in for our weekly visit today. We had a stress test done on the babies which is where they put monitors on your stomach and they have you get comfy in a chair, and they listen to the heartbeats for about 20 minutes. It took a little while to get things ready - as you can imagine, it is harder to get both babies to cooperate and stay in a position that will detect their heartbeats! But, after about 25 minutes they took the print out from the test to the doctor, and the babies did well enough to pass! Had I not passed, they would have had to have done the same test, but with the ultrasound machine. So -- very glad that worked out. We went and saw the doctor after that. Nothing too much to report from her. We asked her about bed rest, and we agreed that half days seemed feasible for now and that she would check on me next week to see how things were going. We also asked her about traveling since this weekend is Easter, and Rob and I were planning on going to Bridge City. She said that being pregnant with twins and traveling at 34 weeks wouldn't be the best idea. At this point of being pregnant with twins is like being at 37-38 weeks with one baby. And, really, twins can come at any time - but even more so when week 34 starts. So, per her advice, I am going to be staying home and will be putting my feet up and resting! :) 

After the meeting with the doctor was over, I had to go give blood, and schedule my next two appointments. Next Tuesday, we will be doing another stress test, and then the week after that will be our last growth ultrasound before the babies are here. It's crazy to think these sweet babies could be here at any time - I am really hoping that they will stay inside and cook as long as they can. Rob has been very supportive (of course) and constantly reassures me that even if they came in 4 days instead of 4 weeks that we would be ready for them. And I know he's right - I just want everything to be perfect and give those babies as much time in my belly as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment