Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Dr. Visit & Pre-Registration

So today we went in for our last pregnancy visit! It was just like our other visits with some of the usual checks - like listening to the heartbeats and checking blood pressure. Madilyn was at around 144 and Carter was at 136. They had to check my blood pressure twice because the first time it was a little high - but I think it's because my dear sweet husband was just talking to me about how we had less than 48 hours until the babies would be here. So, I'm not surprised it was a little high! Anyways, after about 5 minutes of laying on my side, we took my blood pressure again and it came back normal. The doctor came in after that with some of the paperwork we needed to take to the hospital to complete our pre-registration. She asked us if we had any questions for her - but really she's been so wonderful throughout the whole pregnancy, there wasn't anything we had questions about. She asked how I'd been feeling - and I told her I was definitely feeling some pressure and that I couldn't really walk around too much without feeling uncomfortable. Sleeping is also not quite as easy as it once was. And really, sleep is not going to be something I am going to be familiar with for a while so I guess my body has been training me.

After that appointment was over, we walked over to the hospital. We had a tiny bit of paperwork to fill out and then they had to get blood work done should I need any blood from the blood bank on the day of. We then talked to one of the nurses who told us more details about the surgery and what to expect before and after. We were told to be at the hospital at 9:00 to get everything (aka ME) prepped and ready for the surgery to start at 10:00. They said the surgery usually lasts around 30-45 minutes depending on how everyone is doing. Once the babies are out, weighed, looked at, and given the ok, they along with Rob, will be taken to a recovery room. After everything is all wrapped up with me, I will join them in the recovery room. We will be there for about 2 hours or so and as long as everyone is doing well, we will be moved into a room of our own that we will be in for a few days.

So -- please pray for our growing family on Wednesday. I'm not going to lie -- I'm very excited about finally getting to meet these little Biddles, but I am also a little nervous about the surgery. It makes me feel better knowing that we have an amazing support system around us, and it's that thought that is going to make Wednesday a great day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment