Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yesterday Rob and I went in for our weekly appointment with the doctor. We were scheduled for another Non-Stress Test like we had the week before where they put monitors on your belly and listen to the heartbeats. Well, since there are two babies, it makes it hard - especially since they move around a LOT. So, we tried to get them set up on that machine, but it wasn't going well. So, they had us get their heart rates via sonogram. The babies looked good, and their hearts were beating around 140.  It's always nice to get a sneak peek at Madilyn and Carter! They are still breech and transverse, and are currently head to head. They also checked my amniotic fluid and said it looks good. The babies have a lot of fluid to move around in - which makes sense because yes, they ARE moving around a lot! The doctor also said my cervix is high and looking good. We talked more about my swelling and how things have been going for work. After talking, my doctor decided it would be best if I took full bed rest. Medically things look great, but because of my swelling and the fact that I am having twins, she felt it would be best to put my feet up for the next three weeks. At next weeks appointment, we are going to have our last growth ultrasound which will tell us how big the babies are before we actually meet them! :)

So --- I'm in denial about a few things. My last day of work was today. My long term sub has been working half days for me which has been nice in many ways. But I called her yesterday to let her know what my doctor said, and that starting Thursday, she would be in charge for good! It was hard to leave work today for many reasons. I want to make sure that my kids are taken care of, and that my sub has everything ready and knows where everything is! It was also hard to leave because I was saying farewell to my Broadway family. I work with an amazing group of people, and feel like I have the best team around. Not seeing my coworkers/friends every morning is going to be an adjustment but I know once the babies are here I won't even have time to think about that!

I'm also in denial that Rob and I will officially be parents in 3 weeks. 21 days. Seriously?? Where has the time gone?? I am counting down the days in my head and checking my list to make sure that everything is ready for the big day. I pray that on their birthday everything goes well, and I hope that they don't come early! I have faith that they won't come early and everything will be great for me and the babies on the day of. Even though three weeks seems like a good chunk of time, I know it will go by in the blink of an eye, and May 2nd will be here before we know it! :) Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers these last few weeks. I'll be sure to update with any news -- and soon will have some pictures of some sweet faces!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment