Saturday, February 11, 2012

Double digits!

We are officially in the double digits left in the pregnancy. Today, we are 26 weeks and 98 days remaining. To me, that is INSANE! :) Some days it feels like time has flown by, and other days it feels like I've been pregnant forever. But I know Madilyn and Carter will be here before we know it and our lives will be forever changed - and in the best way possible. I am so excited to be a mother, and I can't wait to see what a great father my husband is going to be. He is already such an amazing person, and I think being a dad will just be the icing on the cake! Speaking of.. here's a little story before I go..

A few nights ago, we didn't feel like cooking, so we went out for BBQ. I ordered my usual brisket sandwich, and as we were done paying, the guy behind the counter said to help ourselves to the pickles, onions, and whatnot until our food was ready. So, I got a small plate of pickles and onions for Rob and then we sat down. When we sat down, I took a pickle or two to eat while we waited, and Rob's face lit up. He said, "THIS is the moment I have been waiting for the whole pregnancy." Yes, he loves pickles and wants me to love them too so that he can eat them all the time without me looking at him thinking 'man those pickles smell!' And he thought this dream of his would come true when we found out I was pregnant - but so far no real pickle cravings! But, anyways, I made his night, and I know he is hoping this pickle trend continues. (We do have about 3 or 4 jars of pickles in the fridge - just waiting to be devoured.. But, I am thinking Rob's going to have to help out with those too!!)

I'll be posting an update next week - we have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday (Valentine's Day) and we'll get to see the babies! Pretty nice gift, if I do say so myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment