Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I do have updates -- but I am going to start off with saying this: I have the best and sweetest husband in the world! (He already knows this - but I'm sure he doesn't mind hearing it over and over again..) My morning started off with Rob giving me a copy of a cd that I have been wanting for a while. We weren't sure if it was ever going to be released, but Rob kept his eye out, and lucky for me, I got to listen to some wonderful songs on the way to work this morning. Then at work I got a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, and then a set of bath things. Once I told him I got that, he said -- just wait -- there's another one coming that is even better. (Seriously? All I needed was the cd!) The last package was a dozen cake balls that my team at work graciously helped me eat some of. :)

Anyways, after work, I met Rob at the doctor's office and we had a quick visit. They did a growth ultrasound to see how well the babies are growing, and they are both doing great! They are both close in size and weight. Currently, Carter is measuring a little longer (though not by much) but as I said, they are both close. They both come in right at about 2 lbs each. The ultrasound tech measured the size of their tummies, leg bones, and heads. She also checked my cervix (which is right where is should be - actually above the normal line, so that was good) and amniotic fluid. After the tech took those measurements, we met with our doctor. She came in with printed out copies of the measurements from the tech - and said, "You are doing a splendid job of growing these babies!" **YAY!!!!** Music to my ears. I am SO thankful they are both healthy and measuring where they are supposed to be. My next few appointments will be every two weeks, and then we will be moving to once a week. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by - and that Madilyn and Carter will be here before we know it! :)

So - to finish up my day. After the appointment, Rob went and picked up some pizza we had called in for carryout. (That's my kind of Valentine's!) He still ended up beating me home - but anyways.. Once I got inside, I saw the pizza box, and a heart shaped box next to it. It was a cookie cake that said "Happy Valentine's Day!". Good Lord. This man is completely amazing. What did I get him you might ask? Well, I always like to remind him, I have two little babies that I am carrying around and growing - so that should count for something.. But, in all seriousness, his gift is on the way - somewhere in the land of USPS. Lucky for me, I have a hubby who loves me, and won't mind a gift that is a little late! ;)

I'll be writing again soon because I am having a baby shower at school on Thursday. (Have I mentioned ever that I have THE BEST team EVER??) Hopefully there will be lots of pictures to share with you all! Hope your Valentine's Day was as happy as mine! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment