Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bellaire Baby Shower

This past Saturday (2/25) my Aunt Colette and Great Aunt Jo threw me a little baby shower with a few of my Aunt Colette's sisters. All of her family is VERY talented and creative, so when she asked if I would be available for a little get together, I jumped on the chance! :) They had planned on lunch as well which is always great for pregnant people! Anyways, we started off with opening some gifts. Her sister Cecilia opened with a sweet little poem about a baby - and in my case, we changed it to babies. Here are some photos so you all can see the beautiful gifts!

 Opening my gift from Aunt Jo. This was a piece that was made by an older relative.

 Blankets that Cecilia is working on for me. I thought it was actually neat to see the before of them so I can truly appreciate what the final products are going to look like when they are finished. 

 These are two crosses and two small memory boxes that Caryn bought and personalized for me. I have been wanting to look for crosses for Madilyn and Carter, so I was really exited to get these!

Two beautiful blankets made by Canice. Obviously, the pink one is for Madilyn, and the orange and blue is for Carter. You can't tell from this picture, but the blue on Carter's has 3 little trucks on them. 

 Close up of my sweet Aunt Jo and I.

 A group shot - minus Caryn

Two of my favorite people! :) Aunt Colette and Aunt Jo 

After opening gifts, we sat down to a yummy meal - and an even yummier dessert! My favorite - a fruit tart! Thanks again to these wonderful ladies for making this shower an event to remember. Madilyn and Carter are already loved by so many, and I can't wait for them to get to use all of the wonderful things that were given to them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment