Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Doctor Visit

Today I had an appointment with my doctor, Dr. Garnier. Since I am 24 weeks, they wanted to go ahead and take my blood and do the gestational diabetes test. For those who don't know how they test it, you have to drink this yummy orange drink. Then after an hour or so, they take your blood. We should get the results back by the end of the week. If I don't hear from them - no news is good news. But, if the results come back high, then I will have to take another test - but this one would be a three hour test. So please pray for some good results! :)

While at the appointment we also got to listen to some sweet heartbeats. They were 136 and 140. We are scheduled to come back in two weeks for an ultrasound to check on their growth. And get some more pictures!! We also learned that the baby A (Madilyn) is head down, and Baby B (Carter) is transverse - or sideways. Of course, that can change as the days and weeks go by, but it's funny to think that when I feel a kick, I have a better idea of knowing WHO exactly it was!

After the appointment, we also went to finish registering at the hospital. I pre-registered us online but there were some forms you had fill out in person. If things had not felt real for us, I would say that going to the hospital made it feel like Madilyn and Carter would be here soon!

Quick side note -- I mentioned before that Rob has been able to feel the babies move which has been really exciting. Last night, we were watching tv, and I felt some pretty serious kicks. So, I pulled my shirt up to look at my belly, and as I did, Rob looked from where he was standing. He wasn't too far away, but not close either. As soon as he looked up and at my belly, we both saw my belly move because the kick was so hard! I must say, it was a pretty cool feeling! I'm just waiting until I can see a foot or elbow - which isn't too terribly far away!


No comments:

Post a Comment