Monday, February 18, 2013

The past two weekends..

Two weekends ago, I got the chance to have a weekend getaway with two of my best friends from high school - Kelli and Janae. We met up in College Station on Friday and stayed until Sunday. I had a great time, and really enjoyed getting to sleep in! We were also able to enjoy some yummy food and drinks, and shop to our hearts content. It was nice not having to worry about babies for a few days - they were in good hands back home. Rob and his parents watched the babies while I was out of town, and I think things went pretty well. I of course, had to video chat with them while I was gone so I wouldn't miss them too much!

This past weekend, we made a trip to Bridge City to celebrate Sam's retirement. We left here pretty early because the party was at 10am on Friday. Since the babies like waking up so early, it wasn't really too hard to be there at 10 and we actually made it in early enough to stop by the house and feed the babies. We went to the plant where Sam has worked 40 years. There were so many people there to honor him, and we were so glad that the four of us could be there to help celebrate! We ended up staying in Bridge City until Sunday, so we got lots of family time in and the babies got lots and lots of extra attention! Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Proud Retired Grandpa with Madilyn and Carter! (Love the shirt too -- it says -
 "RETIRED - but working full time spoiling my grandchildren")

On the move with Grandpa!

Carter making new friends and talking engineering! 

Madilyn spending some time with her Pop-pop

Carter checking out his horsey

Madilyn having fun on the horsey

Relaxing with Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment