Saturday, July 21, 2012

The past two weeks..

Two weeks ago, we had a few visitors stop by the house to spend some time with us! First we had a quick visit with two of our favorite boys - Billy and Tommy. Grand Nan and Grandma B brought them in for a little visit, and we can't wait to have them come visit again! While they were here, we had a nice lunch out at a mexican restaurant, and the boys got to play with the babies, and some legos!

Tommy (our wonderful helper!) with GrandNan and Carter
Billy & Carter
Grandma B with her grandbabies!

Rob and I also went on our first "trip" without the babies. My in-laws were gracious enough to come in for a night to babysit last minute for us while Rob and I went to Austin for a concert. I think I did ok being away from the babies for the first time - although I am not to proud to say that one night was about all I could handle so far! Lucky for me, I got a few pictures while we were gone to ease  my mind! Here's one, and I think it's safe to say these babies had a good time!

This past week, Rob and I had to take the babies to the doctor to get some ultrasounds done on their hips. Our pediatrician said since I had twins, and they were breech pretty much the whole pregnancy, he thought it would be good to go ahead and check their hips just to be safe. We went to Texas Children's in the Woodlands, and only fed the babies half of their bottle so that if they became fussy during the ultrasound, they would have something to help calm them down. When they called us back, we had Carter go first because he was pretty much asleep. He was calm the whole time - because he fell asleep not long after we put him on the table. Madilyn was awake when we arrived at the hospital and while Carter was getting his scan done. We warned the tech that she might not be quite as easy as Carter. Once Carter was done and it was Madilyn's turn, she ended up doing better than we predicted. She did need her pacifier, but the tech got her scans done quickly. We fed them the rest of their bottles and then headed home. Not long after that, we received a phone call from the doctor's office saying everything looked great. So yay!! It's always nice to hear things look good on the inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment